The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Stonehenge Forum Start a topic | Search
Stonehenge
Re: art and science
213 messages
Select a forum:
"no papers = no money etc" I agree, and you are correct, you'll certainly be wanting some firm evidence if you are trying to build a picture of what really did happen back in the Neoilthic, for example.
Can't argue with that, and I'd get totally narked if I was reading a book that was just full of anecdotal evidence!
But - Sometimes the real facts or 'discoveries' are quite 'weird' and spark conversations which I think are important. They may go along a wobbly path sometimes, and they are not always what some may deem 'sensible', but they have their place in terms of human experience and can be enlightening.

I see the subject as a blend of lots of 'types' of thought, lots of elements, and is enjoyed by many for many different reasons. Its a strange old community, but very enjoyable and an education. If you read widely and engage with others of differing points of view you can learn to separate the wheat from the chaff and come to your own conclusions.

Reply | with quote
Evergreen Dazed
Posted by Evergreen Dazed
3rd December 2012ce
15:44

In reply to:

art and science (Rhiannon)

1 reply:

Re: art and science (bladup)

Messages in this topic: