The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: The first site you ever visited.
146 messages
Select a forum:
bladup wrote:
What's the first site with extant remains you ever visited? and if not a stone circle which stone circle as well?, i'm interested because the nine ladies of stanton moor and boscawen un often seem the stone circles a lot of people visited first, and i wondered if this would be backed up on here, and to find out which chambered cairn is the first on peoples list, mines hetty petlars tump [ first site ever ] and the stone circle is boscawen un on a trip to cornwall to see the total eclipse in cornwall in august 1999. Thanks for reading, I'd appreciate your answers, paul.

Funnily enough Paul I think I first became aware of prehistory driving past Silbury one day and thought 'wow' and went on to live in Calne and began to know the landscape from then on. Stoney Littleton Long barrow will always have a hold on my soul, and Stanton Drew stone circle which as the poor third circle of Wessex is unremarked upon when Stonehenge and Avebury come to the fore - sad that.

Reply | with quote
moss
Posted by moss
21st September 2012ce
08:22

Messages in this topic: