The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: Hillforts & Barrows
213 messages
Select a forum:
Littlestone wrote:
Mustard wrote:
Littlestone wrote:
Well, the ‘teasing’ bit perhaps. 'Jibing' and 'wilfully provoking others' doesn’t leave much for alternative interpretations.

Well if that's definitely what's being done. I think historically confusion has arisen when people hide their provocation and jibes behind superficially jocular or otherwise veiled comments. Provocation, we can all agree (hopefully), is unacceptable. The difficulty comes in agreeing when it's actually taking place.

Yes, I don’t know the best way around that (agreeing when provocation is taking place) - perhaps to have a dedicated thread entitled Objection where people can air their objections to certain types of forum behaviour might help. I certainly agree with your earlier statement along the lines of everyone interpreting warnings in different ways, and blanket warnings along the lines of ‘you know who you are’ don’t help much either...

:-)

Well in my honest opinion, it's a lost cause without active and participatory moderation. You need mods who are up-to-date with what's going on, so they can pick out antisocial behaviour when they see it. Context and history are often required for an understanding of why a post is abusive or provocative.

Reply | with quote
Posted by Mustard
24th September 2012ce
11:58

In reply to:

Re: Hillforts & Barrows (Littlestone)

1 reply:

Re: Hillforts & Barrows (Littlestone)

Messages in this topic: