The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: Hillforts & Barrows
213 messages
Select a forum:
bladup wrote:
Mustard wrote:
bladup wrote:
nigelswift wrote:
"Creationism can be objectively disproved through the fossil record."

Course it cant (they believe). All those creatures drowned in Noahs flood.

So the two cases are precisely the same.

You've now lost it completely, you're now compairing Creationists [ real nutters ] with people who know reincarnation is true, unbelievable, even the voice of reason will be giving up soon!

The problem there is saying that you "know" reincarnation is real. You BELIEVE it's real. Nobody can argue with that. They can argue with it if you state it as a certain fact though.

Oh believe you me i do know, i'm not going to lie about it, as that would be wrong, i know where i used to live [ in different places and different lives ] and have found things all over the country without maps because i remember where they were from past lives [ they haven't moved ], i have stood in ancient settlements and told everyone with me that i lived there in a past life, years before i "knew" it was a real settlement of the age i'd said, i can't lie just to be humble as it would be wrong, i am for real and these abusers don't even know me!

You could explain that in a variety of other ways though. Collective memory, place memory, yadda yadda. But it's still a personal BELIEF, because you can't PROVE it. Plenty of Catholics claim the Virgin Mary has spoken directly to them, but in the absence of proof, that can only ever be a BELIEF.

Reply | with quote
Posted by Mustard
21st September 2012ce
15:45

In reply to:

Re: Hillforts & Barrows (bladup)

1 reply:

Re: Hillforts & Barrows (bladup)

Messages in this topic: