The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: Hillforts & Barrows
213 messages
Select a forum:
nigelswift wrote:

Well of course, my crime wasn't pointing out a mistake it was expressing an opinion. Bladup says he has past lives. I said past lives are bollocks. If I'm to be held up as out of order and "rude" and "childish" for doing so it follows that beliefs here are sacrosanct and mustn't be argued with. That way lies chaos. Bring on the lizard people and the End of the Worlders! And the Creationists, best of all the Creationists! Who would be rude enough to say what THEY believe is bollocks?!

There's a teensy difference though. Creationism can be objectively disproved through the fossil record. Not that I'd say it was "bollocks" to someone's face though, because that would be provocative and rude, and wouldn't achieve anything. If all that happens is that you piss someone off, what's the point in saying something? Right or otherwise?

Reincarnation can't be objectively disproved, so whether you believe in it or not, it can't be dismissed as "bollocks".

C'mon, Nige. Tact, diplomacy and tolerance of different beliefs! It can't be THAT hard, surely?

Reply | with quote
Posted by Mustard
21st September 2012ce
15:20

In reply to:

Re: Hillforts & Barrows (nigelswift)

2 replies:

Re: Hillforts & Barrows (nigelswift)
Re: Hillforts & Barrows (bladup)

Messages in this topic: