The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: Hillforts & Barrows
213 messages
Select a forum:
tiompan wrote:
Mustard wrote:
tiompan wrote:
Mustard wrote:
nigelswift wrote:

A bit of advice about this place if I might: its predominantly about ideas and opinions and theories all of which come from lots of external sources or evidence and which can be backed up or refuted by other external sources or evidence. I dont think saying stuff that just comes from "within" you will convince anyone no (or even interest them no matter how much you tell people about yourself. I might be wrong but unless there's a flurry of people saying so Im probably not.

I don't believe in past lives or ley lines or anything else of that nature, but if other people want to post about such things, then I simply don't reply, and leave such discussions to people who do believe in such things. Why wind people up unnecessarily?
Is pointing out mistakes ,the same as winding up ?
"It's bollocks"? Hmmm.

Regardless. Surely there's enough room for different outlooks on this forum? You can't PROVE that past lives or other subjective spiritual dimensions don't exist, so why not just leave others to those beliefs if you can't discuss them without dismissing them as "bollocks"?

I didn't , I don't go near all that stuff , god , tooth fairies , I ahd already pointed out the problem with some beliefs . You didn't answer ,although quoted "Is pointing out mistakes ,the same as winding up ?"

I have no problem with pointing out factual mistakes. My comments were aimed at Nigel's "bollocks", if you'll forgive the turn of phrase ;)

Reply | with quote
Posted by Mustard
21st September 2012ce
15:02

In reply to:

Re: Hillforts & Barrows (tiompan)

Messages in this topic: