The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: Hillforts & Barrows
213 messages
Select a forum:
tiompan wrote:
Mustard wrote:
nigelswift wrote:

A bit of advice about this place if I might: its predominantly about ideas and opinions and theories all of which come from lots of external sources or evidence and which can be backed up or refuted by other external sources or evidence. I dont think saying stuff that just comes from "within" you will convince anyone no (or even interest them no matter how much you tell people about yourself. I might be wrong but unless there's a flurry of people saying so Im probably not.

I don't believe in past lives or ley lines or anything else of that nature, but if other people want to post about such things, then I simply don't reply, and leave such discussions to people who do believe in such things. Why wind people up unnecessarily?

" I had a feeling of well being as soon as I entered the circle and was enveloped in the warm glow of the ancestors welcome " .What is there to say ? It's not debateable ,but if a comment is made , whether from a book , a message from the past ,or a gut feeling , if it is demonstrably wrong then it should be pointed out , whether it hurts feelings or not . Surely the point when considering the mysteries of prehistory is to start off with the right info , if you base your thinking on mistakes the results are unlikely to be helpful . Is pointing out mistakes ,the same as winding up ?
Everyone is entitled to an opinion but it doesn't mean it is right .

I agree with this, now put it into practice and i will to, i bet you can't!!! but please don't say something is wrong unless you can prove it, which you seemed to think you was already doing, and wasn't, you never ever totally proved anything i said was totally wrong, thats why i stick with everything i said.

Reply | with quote
bladup
Posted by bladup
21st September 2012ce
14:14

In reply to:

Re: Hillforts & Barrows (tiompan)

1 reply:

Re: Hillforts & Barrows (tiompan)

Messages in this topic: