The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Stonehenge and its Environs Forum Start a topic | Search
Stonehenge and its Environs
Re: Should Stonehenge be floodlit?
47 messages
Select a forum:
Sanctuary wrote:
SwastikaGirl wrote:
I think it's a great idea!!! It would look lovely if it was floodlit. So atmospheric. I don't see what the problem would be and the countless tourists who visit would truly love it. After all, we are the main people who pay the money to have sites like this maintained. It's a superb idea. :)

A downside for visitors would be the hour of the day for visiting a floodlit Stonehenge. A great many visitors come from afar and to have to stay on in the summer months to past ten at night would be a bummer for most I would imagine and a lack of visitors during the Winter months another problem possibly.

As a tourist who loves visiting ancient sites, I know we'd visit Stonehenge in winter months if the stones were lit-up. They'd look more inviting and would bring more money to the place, which is much needed. A lot of other tourists would feel the same. The lights can be switched off for the modern druid people when they want to visit.

Reply | with quote
Posted by SwastikaGirl
5th December 2011ce
09:44

In reply to:

Re: Should Stonehenge be floodlit? (Sanctuary)

Messages in this topic: