The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: Unexplained uneasy feeling
162 messages
Select a forum:
Gladman, when you finally write that book please make sure I get a copy. I've been reading this thread with great interest and yours most closely corresponds with my own experiences ... generally a sense of wonder. The only exception being my first visit to Stoney Littleton longbarrow a couple of years ago - I went with two friends who were keen to take photographs inside the barrow (we were just in time for the sun to light up the inside of the barrow so it was quite extraordinary ). However, I was unable to stay inside the barrow for more than a few moments. Furthermore I felt compelled to sit as far away from the entrance of the barrow as possible while I waited for my firiends - my sombre mood didn't lift until went back down the hill. I do suffer from claustrophobia which may have had a bearing though felt completely unable to write a fieldnote about this visit and didn't do so until my second visit last year (I still didn't go inside the barrow).

Reply | with quote
tjj
Posted by tjj
5th July 2011ce
20:50

In reply to:

Re: Unexplained uneasy feeling (GLADMAN)

Messages in this topic: