The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: Unexplained uneasy feeling
162 messages
Select a forum:
Perhaps...just perhaps....all the theories are correct and all stones are there to honour the dead in some way....and our genetic memories forever associate such places with the spirits....and again perhaps the dread is a recent(since organised religion?) phenomenom...Maybe once we would have felt comfort in the presence of our ancestors' "ghosts"....but centuries(millenia??) of being told the dead are scary and harmful and it is wrong to commune with them is why some of us feel dread, however an old speywife(or a descendant of the travelling folk) once told me, the dead havve no desire to harm the living. I'd tell you my own ghost story but it isn't impressive...oh and just to disprove my own theory....I can't explain why animals have fear of the dead(maybe they are only consoled by physical presences and are wary of things they can't see but only sense?????)

Reply | with quote
Posted by Resonox
5th July 2011ce
17:16

In reply to:

Re: Unexplained uneasy feeling (wideford)

Messages in this topic: