The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Manton Down Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Manton Down
Re: manton down longbarrow found!!!!!
39 messages
Select a forum:
tjj wrote:
bladup wrote:
It's at 14787135 and looking like a pre reconstucted wayland smithy , it also looks just like the old drawings, i have put photos on the manton down site , greatest lost thing i've found, any of you who love the avebury region are in for a big treat as you won't believe anything soooooo big could stay lost for so long, go look and you'll see, as we (Respectfully) cleared the bushes with our bare hands, Rejoice!!! an old friend has come back to join us.

This sounds almost too good to be true, though thats not to say it isn't. Great work, well done - will have to have a wander up that way very soon.

The stones are that big its unbelievable they haven't been found sooner, but they were almost totally covered up ,to the point that you couldn't see them until almost upon them, when we started pulling the vegetation back we were shocked, but i knew we had found it as it looked just like the old drawing and by the intense feeling of the place.

Reply | with quote
bladup
Posted by bladup
26th June 2011ce
01:06

Messages in this topic: