The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Marlborough Mound Forum Start a topic | Search
Marlborough Mound
Re: Prehistoric origins confirmed!
90 messages
Select a forum:
Squid Tempest wrote:
As you know, I've got no gripe with you (or anyone else on this forum that I know of), but I think I should point out that the "bitch-slapped" bit was just a joke by Goff, and nothing more. I know him a bit, and I'm certain it wasn't intended to be offensive. as it happens, I don't seriously think he was trying to claim credit for anything either.

10 points to Squid for having actually read the post! :)

Of course I wasn't laying claim - either personally or by association - for the great work carried out by the good people of EH, with whom I have a great respect for. No - what I actually posted was a lighthearted unattributed quote I saw on Twitter, which said that Heritage Action had broken the news. Had it not all turned a bit Children of The Stones, I was going to expand upon it by adding it was in the context that it was a shame EH *hadn't* broken the news and had, in fact, remained unusually tight-lipped about it for some time after. But nevertheless, it was twisted to suggest I was claiming it as a victory for me. Which is, of course, piffle! :D

I truly have no idea why certain persons (actually, that appears to me to be singular if you ignore the sockpuppets) find my posts so offensive, when all I ever want to do is have a laugh with people about a subject I enjoy, as a hobby, very much indeed.

I found it amusing and thought others might. Turns out some did, but others didn't, but either way, the reaction was unwarranted.

With regards the bitch-slapping, well that's another story... For one thing, I didn't suggest it would be ME carrying out the punishment... ;)

Lighten up. I've not insulted anyone. Leave that to the night shift! ;)

Oh, and by the way - if anyone has any real issue with me, I'm not prepared to discuss it further on this forum (being the only forum I am actually a member of and actually post to) so please email me - you'll find I'm very approachable. :)

G x

Reply | with quote
goffik
Posted by goffik
4th June 2011ce
06:29

In reply to:

Re: Prehistoric origins confirmed! (Squid Tempest)

Messages in this topic: