The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Carn Liath Forum Start a topic | Search
Carn Liath
Re: Grave Goods
29 messages
Select a forum:
Hello good people.

I revisited this site this evening with my wee hairy (geriatric) pal "Sparky". This time I took the upper approach to the cairn - big mistake. 10-15 YO conifers protect the upper edge of the monument and make this approach extremely uncomfortable and painful.

The grave goods I last saw in 2010 are still there, although they look a wee bit more weather worn. I am still at a loss as to why they are here. I have reread this thread and although I thank you all for your valued opinions I am not really convinced by any. I have had an article in the local press, I have tried the FC, my Uncle (who was the head forester here in the 70s and 80s), local museums and Douglas Scott and have come up with no good reason for someone leaving this little pot of Christmas tributes on a remote and difficult to reach bronze age burial cairn. There were no new offerings BTW.

Still a trully special place well worth the walk. I have plenty more pics which I will post if anyone interested.

Reply | with quote
strathspey
Posted by strathspey
23rd July 2012ce
23:28

In reply to:

Re: Grave Goods (strathspey)

1 reply:

Re: Grave Goods (drewbhoy)

Messages in this topic: