The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Carn Liath Forum Start a topic | Search
Carn Liath
Re: Grave Goods
29 messages
Select a forum:
Oh you know your first line made me laugh out loud and I had to tell hubby what I was chuckling at! :-D

Ahh now that might explain why he couldn't find the plastic plant - he had his hard cycling shoes on and said he couldn't climb too far as he was nearly breaking his ankle. So I suspect if I go look another day it'll still be there... Looks pretty nestled down on your pics.... Mind you also rather invalidates my first post too doesn't it, as there may be other stuff he's not spotted!

What I can't get over is how huge and bold it appears on the satellite view on google maps. Corker! And yeah, at least in the modern day, funny old spot. So hard to imagine how it would have been tree-less! Although I've cycled along the path on the other side of the little glen it looks over and that's more open just now.

Oh now, for the first time I've just spotted another long cairn on the map (south)...

Reply | with quote
summerlands
Posted by summerlands
9th May 2011ce
20:37

In reply to:

Re: Grave Goods (strathspey)

Messages in this topic: