The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: The Pagan 'problem'
132 messages
Select a forum:
The Eternal wrote:
Jane,

I think that your quote below says everything perfectly.

Jane wrote:

The reason he is so strident about it is because he (like me and millions of others) are FED UP to the back teeth with those who assert religious privilege. By pussy-footing around the believers in
cause offence, we prolong their unfair privilege.[/quote]

Totally agree,
Regards,
TE.

Yes, I think this nails it nicely.

[I feel rather similar about the attitude towards people without children though, to be honest! :-) Being a non-parent makes you a second class citizen in some people's eyes. Minor OT rant, sorry.]

I also take offence when those in the higher echelons of organised religions like catholicism are held up as "speaking for all 6m catholics in the UK" or whatever. Do they? Do all catholics genuinely agree 100% with the views espoused by their designated mouthpiece? I doubt it.

I live in a secular country, where we have a hereditary system of monarchy in which I have no say. Does this mean that the Queen speaks for me? Do I share her views? No. So how does the pope represent the views of all catholics?

Reply | with quote
thesweetcheat
Posted by thesweetcheat
24th September 2010ce
09:30

In reply to:

Re: The Pagan 'problem' (The Eternal)

1 reply:

Re: The Pagan 'problem' (The Eternal)

Messages in this topic: