The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   The Cheesewring Forum Start a topic | Search
The Cheesewring
Re: cheesewring
16 messages
Select a forum:
goffik wrote:
Oh, and by the way - images received loud and clear! :) Thank you!

I reckon the "bowls" are natural enough. I can't remember where I saw it - actually I think it was St Nectan's Kieve, where it happened on a MUCH bigger scale! - where you'd get a stone rattling around in the eroded rock, and the more it's rattled around, the more it helps the erosion. It'd go spinning around in the dip for years and years until it's created quite a hole.

Although it could also be to do with the nature of the rock itself for all I know! :D Seems there's quite a few rocks around with this feature, so maybe it's just the way it erodes.

Andwhile I think of it...
Step-by-step instructions on how to upload your pics:

1) The image must be in jpg/jpeg format, and no larger than 720px on teh longest side
2) Make sure you're logged in!
3) Browse to the main page of the relevant site (eg http://www.themodernantiquarian.com/site/298/cheesewring.html)
4) On the dropdown list marked "Add", select "Add an image"
5) Click "Browse" to find the location on your computer that the photo is kept (eg C:\Documents and Settings\goffik\My Documents\My Pictures)
6) Enter the photo credit (ie How yyou'd like your name to appear)
7) Enter a description if you so wish
8) Click "Submit"!

Et voila! L'image est sur l'Antiquarian de Modern! Or summat. ;)

G x

Stop showing off just because you can speak French...
Cheers Goff, much appreciated. Not sure about the naturalness of it myself due to the overspill groove and the exit groove, but of course they could have been put in much later!

Reply | with quote
Posted by Sanctuary
2nd September 2010ce
21:35

In reply to:

Re: cheesewring (goffik)

1 reply:

Re: cheesewring (goffik)

Messages in this topic: