The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Silbury Hill Forum Start a topic | Search
Silbury Hill
Re: Silbury ... ten years after
3 messages
Select a forum:
Sweep wrote:
I'm almost surprised Silbury wasn't washed down into the Kennet yesterday (Saturday, the anniversary), the way the rain came down. I felt sorry for the group of people I saw taking the path towards West Kennet Long Barrow a little while before. By the time I reached Calne I couldn't see the road markings for rain. It shows what it must have stood up to over the centuries.

I tried a little experiment yesterday, actually. I had an electronic keyboard with me that I'd just picked up from someone, and as it runs on batteries I decided to see what might happen if I tried making some music when I reached Avebury. With your comments on Silbury in mind I wrote a piece which I recorded properly at home today and put on my website - http://sweep.infinite9ths.com, Silbury Hill, number nine in the music player.

I've had a little listen to your music - lovely. I guess it was appropriate that there was a deluge yesterday (I wasn't at Silbury but did get a good soaking) given that the work was seriously held up by the torrential rain and floods of 2007. We should all be grateful that Silbury still stands looking much as it always did - even though EH was guilty of an incomprehensible delay.

Reply | with quote
tjj
Posted by tjj
30th May 2010ce
19:57

Messages in this topic: