The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Silbury Hill Forum Start a topic | Search
Silbury Hill
Re: Silbury ... ten years after
3 messages
Select a forum:
I'm almost surprised Silbury wasn't washed down into the Kennet yesterday (Saturday, the anniversary), the way the rain came down. I felt sorry for the group of people I saw taking the path towards West Kennet Long Barrow a little while before. By the time I reached Calne I couldn't see the road markings for rain. It shows what it must have stood up to over the centuries.

I tried a little experiment yesterday, actually. I had an electronic keyboard with me that I'd just picked up from someone, and as it runs on batteries I decided to see what might happen if I tried making some music when I reached Avebury. With your comments on Silbury in mind I wrote a piece which I recorded properly at home today and put on my website - http://sweep.infinite9ths.com, Silbury Hill, number nine in the music player.

Reply | with quote
Posted by Sweep
30th May 2010ce
18:47

Messages in this topic: