The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Avebury Forum Start a topic | Search
Avebury
Re: sounds unlikely
68 messages
Select a forum:
I mentioned it due to the author's other part of the story i.e. "leading the souls to the afterlife ".Which is the reason given for the landscape figure .
I , and anybody who else for that matter , could suggest some possible approaches to what may have been the cosmology found in Britain in the Neolithic but it would be a guess , not really helpful , arrogant and more than likely wrong although it would be dificult to prove wrong as we can't ,like the author , possibly know .Apart from obvious animistic type stuff which pervades most pre modern cosmologies , unless there is a written record anything more than generalities are guesses .[/quote]

Exactly and that is why no matter how much we dig up out of the ground we can never really be sure what went on above it and never will. But I do enjoy a good theory because as we all agree I think, somewhere along the way one of those theories will possibly be correct but will also possibly remain always unproven.

Reply | with quote
Posted by Sanctuary
21st April 2010ce
08:51

In reply to:

Re: sounds unlikely (tiompan)

Messages in this topic: