The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Avebury Forum Start a topic | Search
Avebury
Re: sounds unlikely
68 messages
Select a forum:
Sanctuary wrote:
juamei wrote:
They certainly stand out with a bit of a squint, a pint or two of ale and an enthusiastic person replicating the facial expressions. Anyone trying to find more faces in stones should head over to Mother's Jam where with the right amount of encouragement you will see hundreds more.

And there could be exceptions here as well could there not. If we reject everything out of hand then we run the risk of possibly missing something important.

That assumes they have been rejected out of hand. I may be a sceptic but I always take time to look at theories before dismissing them as fantasy.

Take this supposed figure for example, if other examples of similar figures made out of the landscape could be shown from the British neolithic then I'd be prepared to believe it more. As it stands, it superficially looks (and we can say no more without reading the book) like the author has picked bits of the landscape and monuments to fit their theory.

Reply | with quote
juamei
Posted by juamei
20th April 2010ce
18:02

In reply to:

Re: sounds unlikely (Sanctuary)

1 reply:

Re: sounds unlikely (Sanctuary)

Messages in this topic: