The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Avebury Forum Start a topic | Search
Avebury
Re: Avebury: World Megameet. Saturday, 21 August 2010
121 messages
Select a forum:
Well we're both back from Wales, slightly tired but things still whizzing through my mind.
The megameet was wonderful, everyone seemed to get on so well it was extraordinary, and though I am always negative about the Red Lion, it is a good venue, though what they think of us grabbing all those tables and chairs goodness knows... Scubi I see got back safely, hopefully Jim has washed the 'sea of resentment' against the NT away from his soul ;). Glad everyone who said they could'nt come, that they managed to in the end, and yes we missed Goff and family very much.
You seem to have had a very busy trip Bucky and Loie, now back safely in America, we both enjoyed that first meal together! Yes it was lovely to meet you too Gordon then and thank you for the book, (think I also tackled your Irish accent quite well;)
Jane, Moth and Vybik, come as a warm and welcoming trio, Vybik is the thread runner on megameets from now on.. Gentle Hamish is always a familar face, and Anne your cards got distributed around. Best wishes to Jamie and Amy, they've got some big events coming up in their lives, and for those I've forgotten to mention, will probably see you soon anyway.

Reply | with quote
moss
Posted by moss
25th August 2010ce
05:49

Messages in this topic: