The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Lincolnshire and Humberside Forum Start a topic | Search
Lincolnshire and Humberside
Re: Lincolns bypass to go though only barrow cemetery!
29 messages
Select a forum:
I gave up having a car for good in 2000. I bought an electric/human hybrid bike, which I've been more committed to than a regular bike due to it's greater versatility. Computer shopping picked up the slack for groceries and larger items. Or shops with free delivery benefitted. Still a vehicle used, but one vehicle for many peoples' use. I was the only one around when I got it - seemed like. Everywhere I went I was stopped and asked about it though, and now we are an area with a greater number of these things than average, and a dedicated electric bike shop (though I find it hard to recommend them for repairs). I missed driving, but took up tour bus storytelling with companies making efforts to be green in vehicles and fuel.

In the eighties, though, I was in a traffic management job and called to a site meeting about building a new Forth Road Bridge to give the opinion of the Bus Companies. Nothing I said about Park and Ride, 3 lanes by 1 lane reversed mornings and evenings to have 3 in dierction of traffic, and car pool and bus lane suggestions were all ignored. Then you see whose's wife's brother is the building contractor.... We need a tunnel not another bridge, even, but no one is on that gravy train.... it doesn't surprise me ancient monuments are being ignored... (rant over)

Reply | with quote
Posted by Branwen
18th February 2010ce
21:08

Messages in this topic: