The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Bradgate Stone & Ring Forum Start a topic | Search
Bradgate Stone & Ring
Re: Hunts Hill Standing Stone (Bradgate Stone & Ring)
3 messages
Select a forum:
The rocky outcrops are not actually in a proper circle, it just looks like a circle in photographs. I do have a few photographs but they look pretty much the same as other photographs of the site, so it is not worth uploading them. In 2 or 3 weeks I am planning to buy a high definition camcorder and am planning to make a short film which shows how to actually find the site. It is not marked on the ordinance survey map (at least not on the 1:25 000 scale version). Anyway the video should show all of the rocky outcrops that are a natural feature of the wood where where the Hunts Hill Standing Stone is. I will of course show the area all around the stone which will clearly show the rocky outcrops for what they are. I realise that I won't be able to post the video on this site, but I will upload it to YouTube and place a link on this site assuming that links to other sites are allowed.

Reply | with quote
Posted by Avalon-UK
31st January 2010ce
17:28

Messages in this topic: