The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Aberdeenshire Forum Start a topic | Search
Aberdeenshire
Re: Aberdeenshire and Donald Trump
62 messages
Select a forum:
drewbhoy wrote:
I've been asked to put this up in a few things I'm involved with. Another petition, please help us out.

http://38degrees.org.uk/page/s/aberdeenshire

What happens here WILL and HAS happened elsewhere. They will and I will never give up!

Trip Up Trump.

I received this email from TUT yesterday:

Trump's Masterplan is a Disaster Plan
Trump chose pancake day to announce the masterplan for his luxury housing development, hotel and golf course for the elite. The Press & Journal insensitively published the headline 'Balmedie Resort Will Have It All', which it won't. Tripping Up Trump exists to ensure Trump won't have the homes of local families as part of his insensitive plan.

Trump still needs Aberdeenshire Council and the national government to use compulsory purchase orders to remove local families from their homes. 74% of Scottish people oppose Trump on this basis. Donald used to trumpet 93% public support for his project. Trump's support is now just 13%.

ACTION - If you haven't done so already, please sign our petition today. If you have signed, please ask all your friends to do so. Help reach our goal of 25,000 signatures before the next critical Aberdeenshire Council meeting, where we will deliver your voice - SIGN HERE (see web-site link)

Local Jobs = Local Joke
Trump's plan doesn't show any sign of fulfilling his promise to provide many hundreds of local jobs to boost the local economy. In fact, Trump's promise of local jobs is now becoming a local joke:

Question: Did you hear the one about Donald Trump creating hundreds of local Aberdeenshire jobs?

Answer: He employed the Irish.
In fairness, Trump did recently exploit local school children to help destroy the Menie Dunes - a site of special scientific interest.
But this is no joke. Trump has employed an Irish firm to build the golf course and his recently appointed head green keeper is also originally from Ireland.

Now we learn:
The golf course architects are from Oxford.
The legal team are from London and the Central Belt.
The masterplanning architects are from the Central Belt.
The clubhouse architects are from Leeds.
The environmental consultants are from the Central Belt too.

So where are all the jobs for the people of Aberdeenshire?

Consider this: Trump plans to build accommodation for hundreds of on-site staff. Does he expect local people to believe they will need to live on site? It's obvious that the vast majority of jobs aren't going to be for local people.

ACTION - Please donate to the campaign to protect local families from the foreign private interest called Trump.

The further Trump gets into this project, the closer he gets to the bunker that will stop him ......

Many thanks.
Tripping Up Trump

Reply | with quote
tjj
Posted by tjj
18th February 2010ce
08:30

Messages in this topic: