The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Bluestonehenge Forum Start a topic | Search
Bluestonehenge
Re: Mike Pitts talks about the news "leak"
5 messages
Select a forum:
moss wrote:
The 'proper' version by Mike Pitts is in the latest Britarch Jan/Feb magazine, must admit Eternal Idol covered it pretty well in its discussions, I liked the bit about the parallel natural chalk ditches from the Newhenge (it has different names) that focus on the midsummer sunrise in one direction and the midwinter sunset in the other...
Although I have always been a bit curmudgeonly about Mike Parker Pearson and his theories I think he came out of the whole debacle of leaked news with a heroic and noble response.....

Moss , where can I find that bit about Newhenge /BSH ?
I remember there was simialr speculation at the Stonehenge avenue until it was pointed out that they were natural . Whatever it is at BSH is unlikely to point to both though becaue of the quite different horizon profiles ,not that it amters , but it does show their (wishful) thinking .
Just because you disagree with someone who is a good bloke doesn't make you a curmudgeon .

Reply | with quote
tiompan
Posted by tiompan
15th December 2009ce
18:38

Messages in this topic: