The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Ash Cabin Flat Forum Start a topic | Search
Ash Cabin Flat
Re: Ash Cabin Flat rock fall cave / rock shelter
21 messages
Select a forum:
Paulus wrote:
megadread wrote:
This site is a "long cave", it's a rock fall cave about 10 metres long that lays within 100 metres of ash cabin flat circle and about 200 metres from the fort.
If you enter it it's almost like a long barrow without the side chambers, very much like wklb.
You'd never find it without a guide and it would be an excellent place to retreat with no fear of being found if the fort was over run, should i add it to the site. ?

The photos of the place look damn good. If there's evidence of ancient man anywhere close by, this site looks an excellent choice for habitation at the very least. It'd be more unusual if it hadn't been used.

atb - Paul

Well as far as i can tell it's unexcavated and little known, put it this way, the head of archaeology for the area, a man i respect seems to have no knowledge of it in his records though i'll bow to superior knowledge of the site if anyone can supply it.
Reallly i'm not bothered if the site isn't recognised, it'll be quieter when i visit. ; 0

Reply | with quote
megadread
Posted by megadread
6th November 2009ce
04:50

Messages in this topic: