The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Ash Cabin Flat Forum Start a topic | Search
Ash Cabin Flat
Re: Ash Cabin Flat rock fall cave / rock shelter
21 messages
Select a forum:
Thinking about it it's pretty much going to be impossible to photograph this site, from the path above the cave can't be seen, the entrance could be photographed though.
The cave runs along and below a cliff edge and to stand back to try to capture it's length is impossible also, any more than a few steps back would see you over the edge with a 30 metre fall.
Hmm, how to describe this site, well, the path above, about 15ft above runs parallel with the edge and cave, a scramble gets you down to it easily enough but as i said above you cant capture it from there unless your willing to take a fall.
The cave has a creep entrance quickly opening out to 4, 5, 6, 7 ft high and along the length around 3 feet wide, there's a small opening at the far end that you could squeeze out of with a struggle, my 7 yr old managed it but I'd struggle, it'd make a great chimney too.
Any suggestions as to what i should to do, this place really needs to be visited if you've any interest in it, pics can't possibly do it justice but it's a significant site that should be recorded.

Reply | with quote
megadread
Posted by megadread
6th September 2009ce
03:22

Messages in this topic: