The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Ash Cabin Flat Forum Start a topic | Search
Ash Cabin Flat
Re: Ash Cabin Flat rock fall cave / rock shelter
21 messages
Select a forum:
Thanks for the reply.
The cave / shelter is about the same distance from the circle and the fort, the "within 100 metres of the circle" quote is true but requires climbing a modern 4ft wire and post fence.
I don't know of any prehistoric activity there to be honest, i can't find any info on it at all but it's certainly a bloody good place to shelter or hide out.
There's a very easy scramble down to it, my 7 yr old managed it easily enough but it's hard to find if you don't know where it is.
The area is my nearest ancient site so as soon as possible i'll head out there again and get some pics better than the ones i already have and add it as Ash cabin rock shelter with some pics and you can take a look and decide its fate if that's ok.
The area commands some excellent views down over Rivelin and the A57 valley, hence the fort being there, a very fortuitous location for a rock fall cave / shelter.

Reply | with quote
megadread
Posted by megadread
3rd September 2009ce
23:42

Messages in this topic: