The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Beinn Ghlas Forum Start a topic | Search
Beinn Ghlas
Re: Ben Lawers - Perthshire
14 messages
Select a forum:
moss wrote:
tiompan wrote:
goffik wrote:
Cheers for that. I just thought it might have been a slow news day at the Beeb! ;) Dredging up old news and that.

Very pleased for you though... Must be a great feeling finding summat like that. Do you get any official credit for it? Not that I imagine you're *that* bothered by all that! I'm just curious...

G

It's hardly the first , I've been posting similar finds on here for years , most interesting or ornate .
Your'e right not botherd by that , but if they want to give me dosh for petrol I'll take it .

Well think on this Tiompan - when you're long gone and dead ;) how would you like to appear in the literature as the 'amateur archaeologist' who found several important rock art stones, etc.. It would be interesting to link all the things you've found eventually.
Just been reading about Basil Brown, (amateur arch.) he who excavated Sutton Hoo but it was taken away from him and given to 'proper' archaeologists to finish the job, they're trying to find funds for a memorial atm, because they don't know where he's buried.
Its funny there has quite a few news reports on the 'new find' all more or less saying the same thing, but stressing the 'amateur archaeology' bit but with the backup of the professionals...

Several , I hope they can count better than that Moss .
Seriously though the war did it for Basil too , unfortunate timing .

Reply | with quote
tiompan
Posted by tiompan
18th August 2009ce
12:51

In reply to:

Re: Ben Lawers - Perthshire (moss)

Messages in this topic: