The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Stonehenge Forum Start a topic | Search
Stonehenge
Re: Amazon in Blue
64 messages
Select a forum:
Rockrich wrote:
tiompan wrote:
Rupert Soskin wrote:
Well, to echo the overall point... I had quite a fight in getting the bloodsports theory into the book Standing With Stones as the persistant view is that henges were temples.
We sent a copy of the film to the Time Team crew and within months they had made their own version of our Stanton Drew segment putting the possibility of bloodsports at Woodhenge.

I think it's like dominoes... the stubborn closed minds will fall eventually, it just takes a couple of louder voices. Apparently we on the outside of the archeo establishment are 'nobodies' with no right to opse theories outside our remit.

Keep fighting the good fight I say!

Rupert I don't know your'e theory re bloodsports .Could you explain please ?

Not wishing to do Rupert and Michael out of a few more copies being sold, but Mr Bott posted this to youtube, so I presume its ok ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulpQqzO2EFA

Just watched the Youtube links, they were all very good. I especially liked the Rollright clip, I did not know it was Stukeley that inspired William Blake to write Jerusalem.

If anything, the Youtube clips whetted my appetite - have just placed an order for the dvd (credit card still warm).

Reply | with quote
tjj
Posted by tjj
24th August 2009ce
23:10

In reply to:

Re: Amazon in Blue (Rockrich)

Messages in this topic: