The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Hampshire Forum Start a topic | Search
Hampshire
Re: Witch Burial Site Under Threat
29 messages
Select a forum:
Hello,

I've re-registered to this forum under my real name , though I opened this particular thread on the threat to the reputed burial place of Kitty Nocks under the pseudonym of Seventhorn Inn (after a derelict pub on the A3 near Hindhead - loads of 'leylines' through it, I shouldn't wonder...). I wasn't very cognisant of 'web etiquette' then and I know I put a few people's backs up about being a 'new poster' trying to start a 'bandwagon' with this thread, even attracting a hostile 'stalker' from the Pagan Network website (presumably)... (the Kitnocks thread I started there was deleted a long time ago... for whatever reason).

So, what brings me to these parts, again? (Cripes! I've just discovered I'm going to have to post this gibberish before replying to it myself so I can share the links I would've put in this post! Sorry).

Here's a bit of background (with the full moon coming up soon - auspicious time). I was wrong. Kitty Nocks is not a 'witch' - well, not your flying on a broomstick/five-bar gate/three-legged stool kind,though maybe an inspiration to those mortal women... no, she's more of your 'White Lady' ghost - a folk memory of a water nymph/funerary/mother goddess-type figure, perhaps? I got one or two other details wrong,too, in my haste to flag up what was going on (the threat very much remains, as will be shown).

However, it's been a bit complicated by someone's dilettantish appropriation of some of the inaccurate information I put up in the original post on this thread - and it's my first encounter with the underworld of New Age quasi-vanity publishing (I am contacting the publisher over this issue)... So, basically the two links I'm posting up after this are to do with plagiarism off this site (uncredited, by definition), a matter of putting the record straight (I'm not that hung up about copyright, only about someone claiming copyright on something they've parasited from), as well as a more accurate, up-to-date account of what's going on with Kitty Nocks...

Reply | with quote
Posted by Simon Crook
1st August 2012ce
00:28

In reply to:

Witch Burial Site Under Threat (Seventhorn Inn)

Messages in this topic: