The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Uffington White Horse Forum Start a topic | Search
Uffington White Horse
Re: White horse childrens book
9 messages
Select a forum:
(speaking as someone who used to be in the second hand book trade) I shouldn't worry - that's not a 'real' price anyway, Amazon is littered with daft numbers like that that people stick on at first when they're the only one offering the title, as if they could get away with it. It's only a kid's paperback isn't it and it's out of print so there aren't any new ones (unless, conceivably, they could get Ms Sutcliff / her publishers to agree to them printing a one-off, I dunno) but there are hundreds, thousands of them in existence. If you pick one that's 'very good' condition and it'll pretty much look like new (considering its age) anyway. (books are described as 'reading copies', 'fair', 'good', 'very good', 'fine' and 'mint' - and don't ever believe mint unless it's still in its shrink wrap)

public information broadcast over. god I'm boring myself now.

Reply | with quote
Rhiannon
Posted by Rhiannon
1st July 2009ce
08:18

In reply to:

Re: White horse childrens book (north bucks)

Messages in this topic: