The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Avebury Forum Start a topic | Search
Avebury
Re: Solstice Camping at Avebury
55 messages
Select a forum:
megadread wrote:
tinkfaery wrote:
Thanks Pete and Megadread...without your parking advice I would have ended up at Stonehenge again...we got to the Ridgeway at around 10ish on Sat morning and got a spot, everyone was friendly too :) Avebury is definitely a fave for me, very relaxed even if it's a pain to park...kind of keeps the celebration smaller so that's all good in a way :) Love and Light and many Solstice blessings to you xxxx

Your so welcome, Avebury is bloody great innit, i had the most wonderful time you could imagine and i'm so glad you made it there too.
I did see a camper matching the description you gave parked up right at the end of the Silbury layby but by the time i made it back from Swallowhead, dumped my rucksack in the van you were just pulling away, if indeed it was you.

Hello... yes Avebury is so fab, I keep looking at my pics and wishing I was still there! Did pull up in the layby for 10 mins just to walk up the Ridgeway and check out the space, it looked packed and we didn't want to get stuck trying to turn around...very luckily we got one...will definitely go back again... I did Autumn Equinox there last year and it was a lovely sunset... bit cloudy for Solstice this time but the dawn chorus made up for it... Melanie x

Reply | with quote
Posted by tinkfaery
24th June 2009ce
22:23

In reply to:

Re: Solstice Camping at Avebury (megadread)

Messages in this topic: