The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Silbury Hill Forum Start a topic | Search
Silbury Hill
Re: Satellite/Photography software reveals antiqui
64 messages
Select a forum:
EdZiomek wrote:
Thank you kindly for your responses. I just added two images in the Silbury Image section, for review and acceptance if possible. Also note, the photo color-manipulation is showing artwork everywhere in these areas, and the fact that corn fields are on top seem to preserve the images, not destroy them.

The latent images seem to happen because of what I am calling "wet shadows", wherein normal undisturbed soil projects varying forms of darkness, depending on its water content.

Under photo color-manipulation, stone walls, or stone outlined artwork, converging trails/roads, up to 24 inches under soil, project a lighter image, because of the lesser concentration of water content. All over England, in everyone's backyard, I am seeing wonderful objects sub soil, not knowing if they are last weekend's rugby barbeque, or 10,000 year old antiquities.

And this process works similar over water, on statues, stone pillars, though not as precise.

Thank you for putting your photos on, but two things spring to mind, why 'kings' simulcra in a stoneage context? and in a small country such as Britain, when every inch of it has been lived on/farmed from prehistory to now should we understand the shapes of the landscape from such different eras as iron age, romans, medieval be expected to form anything coherent as a pattern? or am I reading it wrong.... it strikes me that it is similar to Mrs.Maltwood and her Glastonbury zodiac...
http://www.isleofavalon.co.uk/avalon-zodiac2.html.
Its a fascinating subject though.. Poor old Silbury has been knocked around quite a bit in the past ;)
Moss

This topic is locked
moss
Posted by moss
16th May 2009ce
15:48

Messages in this topic: