The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   White House Folly Hill Forum Start a topic | Search
White House Folly Hill
Re: Interesting site - anyone else been here?
8 messages
Select a forum:
Yes, my reference was totally to TMA, working my way through Keys to the Past and any local history books/references I can find to fill in some missing bits. I plan to visit all the sites I add but I find the Key to the Past mapping so hard compared to Google earth that I've started adding sites I plan to visit, not just sites I've been to. Also scanning Google Earth for possible "missing gaps". Spotted a couple already to the east of the A1.

Understand re historic coast line. We were staying at the farm at Howick on holiday the season the "hut" was discovered - part of what started me on this.

Not expecting to find anything that hasn't been hacked about a bit given the farming on this lower lying land but working on the premise that:

1) It's close to me so easy to fit visits to sites round family stuff.
2) It's not been as well traveled as the likes of Beanley, etc so more chance to add something new/interesting/novel to TMA.

Cheers

Mac

Reply | with quote
mascot
Posted by mascot
21st April 2009ce
01:04

Messages in this topic: