The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Silbury Hill Forum Start a topic | Search
Silbury Hill
Silbury Rumours
2 messages
Select a forum:
Hey all

That EH research looks good. Between all the nonsense I heard from an old sage who knows about Silbury that things are not what they seems to be with the works that was done to save the hill. It might be rubbish (he is a bit mad) but those guys who did all the work were not EH but miners and and that they are still owed a lot of money because EH ran out of pound notes!! not sure if its true it seems pretty sad if its the case from what I saw of the stuff on here and the tv/web the hill was saved from major collapse which was surely the important bit. Yep, the research seems great and so on but if it had fallen down they'd have had nowt yet seems like the poor lads who risked their lives to stop it falling in, so Pete G & Dennis P seem to say, are still owed. Anyone know if its true or is it more rubbish surrounding Silbury. Another guy I met was convinced it was built by Aliens, so am never sure these days.....guess I could start a new thread on the latest theories next too

S

Reply | with quote
Posted by shurething
7th April 2009ce
12:24

1 reply:

Re: Silbury Rumours (Pete G)

Messages in this topic:

Silbury Rumours (shurething, Apr 07, 2009, 12:24)