The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Castlerigg Forum Start a topic | Search
Castlerigg
Re: Castlerigg desecration and vandalism
76 messages
Select a forum:
Littlestone wrote:
I'm not going down the route of picking apart words looking for alternative meanings.

That sounds like a copout for a rational debate - please either provide evidence that Castlerigg is, or ever was, a home of the Gods or restrict your comments to 'I believe'. You'll forgive me if I don't engage in such a debate however - I gave up on talking to 'I believers' a long time ago.

no copout, just it's impossible to have a 'rational' debate when it's about belief systems is all - just ask Dawkins the biologist. Can you disprove the existence of Gods, or can you just point to the lack of evidence of them being there? Or, do you blame the Gods for what Humanity has done in their names, or do you blame Humanity because the Gods are what we make them? Deep, deep questions, that can't be answered to a collective agreement, because everybody's concept of deity is their own. That's my personal viewpoint on that matter.

Of course, you can add 'I believe' to the beginning of that paragraph (although it always make me think of painkiller jelly being rubbed on by Robson and Jerome...)

Reply | with quote
Myrddin ap Cwmbrai
Posted by Myrddin ap Cwmbrai
13th July 2008ce
20:09

Messages in this topic: