The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Castlerigg Forum Start a topic | Search
Castlerigg
Re: Castlerigg desecration and vandalism
76 messages
Select a forum:
Littlestone wrote:
I know of no Internet-based research that states that Castlerigg is the home of Gods...

Yet you assert above that Castlerigg is a place where the 'Gods and Ancestors of Castlerigg' are loved - your 'home of gods' being the operative words here. What evidence do you have that Castlerigg was ever the home of gods?

I have the greatest respect for people with alternative (indeed any) belief systems but frankly this sort of mumbo-jumbo doesn't advance their case and, sadly, can result in practices that lead to the damage or degradation of our ancient sites.

I'm not going down the route of picking apart words looking for alternative meanings.

Castlerigg is a home of the Gods, as every place that has peoples congregating to mark the turning of the wheel has the Gods and Ancestors with them - all part of the opening of the circle, East/Air, South/Fire, West/Water, North/Earth, Centre/Gods and Spirits of the Place. By that measure, the Gods are with us in celebration.

This was a thread about the damage caused by open fires within stone circles, not about my personal beliefs. If that's the route you want to go down, I respectfully request that you put down all of your beliefs in incredibly detailed terms, covering every possibly minutiae and variations of reading that could possibly be (mis)construed. After all, all's fair in love and WankyBollox

Reply | with quote
Myrddin ap Cwmbrai
Posted by Myrddin ap Cwmbrai
13th July 2008ce
19:24

Messages in this topic: