The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Castlerigg Forum Start a topic | Search
Castlerigg
Re: Castlerigg desecration and vandalism
76 messages
Select a forum:
I know of no Internet-based research that states that Castlerigg is the home of Gods, so can't pass you a link for you to enjoy at your leisure, there are certain alignments there to suggest a calendar-like application though, perhaps you might be interested in going to the plave and finding out for yourself?

Nigel:

The leaving of small gifts, such as a personal item, quartz, whatever, to show homage to the Gods and Ancestors has long been common practice in these Isles. What is your stance on prayer shrines throughout Ireland, where rags are tied to trees and around 'Holy Wells'? I believe these gifts are a sign of leaving a pierce of yourself, some of your personal energy in exchange for what was gained by being there. A feather, crystal, packet of herbs, cake for the birds and wine for the land - do they physically harm the beauty of the place? I imagine if it got to the level of creating a landfill on a SAM, then the answer would be yes. But, as the naked fire scorches the land within the circle, and on an archaeological level makes it impossible to take Geophysical readings, it is much more damaging.

Reply | with quote
Myrddin ap Cwmbrai
Posted by Myrddin ap Cwmbrai
13th July 2008ce
17:41

Messages in this topic: