The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Castlerigg Forum Start a topic | Search
Castlerigg
Re: Castlerigg desecration and vandalism
76 messages
Select a forum:
Though I don't condone any sort of vandalistic behaviour whatsoever (and in my opinion, should not go unpunished), it still makes me chuckle when all you so called earth children constantly moan about the number of "Tourists" visiting this sacred site. Or any sacred site, for that matter. I have read many of your blogs and am amused by the number of you complaining that there were too many people there.
Don't you realise that all of you are "Tourists" to somebody else? It's just a matter of perception.These wonderful stone circles have all been bequeathed to us all by our far-seeing ancestors and therefore should be accessible to and enjoyed by all. To claim exclusivity just because you are 'in tune' with ancient sites is a bit xenophobic/fascist/narrow minded/selfish, (delete where applicable) in the extreme. Thatcher and the police managed to do a good job of that at Stonehenge in the early eighties. I know, I was there when Hawkwind last did their cosmic thing at the stones and there were rumours abound of Bob Dylan making an appearance. Somebody referred to him as "The New Messiah"! Yeah right!
C'mon guys, just be the wonderful, tolerant, accepting,loving and peaceable beings our ancestors would have wanted you to be. Show the world that you are not just a bunch of unkempt, smelly hippie types and get with the program and embrace anyone who is interested in these sites. Recruit them so we have even more people to look after them so that our future offspring can also enjoy them ad infinitum.
Peace to you all.

Reply | with quote
Posted by TenPin
13th July 2008ce
06:53

In reply to:

Castlerigg desecration and vandalism (theCaptain)

Messages in this topic: