The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Drumsturdy / Laws Forum Start a topic | Search
Drumsturdy / Laws
Re: Drumsturdy/Laws
11 messages
Select a forum:
Woah there pardners...I only said it looked like a sheep pen..coz it does. I am in total agreement with the pants batallion. The point I failed to make clear is that this was a round underground chamber of considerable dimensions, built by souterraneans...Something which you could expect them to have had a crack at given the obvious skills they had and the small scale models at places like grange of conon. Surely one day thay would have fancied a crack a building a whopper ?

But back to the plot.....as you walk onto the top of the Law your socks are fair whipped off your feet..every where you look there are twists and turns of souterrains. Go give it your eye Martin and give us a shout as I may be in the vicinity.

Also the main tunnel really is impressive..very wide.
The reason I went for a look was really because there are/ were loads of souterrains in that area and the Laws hill seems to look over them..and what a suprise I got.

Two other threads here....

What do you reckon to the peculiar habit of carrying boulders up a hill which is made of easily available volcanic rock...are other hill forts made with boulders al a souterrain..?

and number two...what is this stupid word souterrain all about..I vote for Weem (Scots) and its Gaelic relative Uaim.

Yours for a greater underground

Woodhouse.

Reply | with quote
Posted by woodhouse
24th April 2002ce
23:09

In reply to:

Drumsturdy/Laws (Martin)

2 replies:

Re: Drumsturdy/Laws (woodhouse)
Re: Drumsturdy/Laws (FourWinds)

Messages in this topic: