The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Killone Forum Start a topic | Search
Killone
Re: Calling ryaner
3 messages
Select a forum:
ryaner wrote:
FourWinds wrote:
I was in Laois yesterday and saw a couple of bits. Saw a lovely triple bullaun, which I thought was the only one in Laois I hadn't been to (inventory only lists two!) Now I have a few more targets for short days out. Nice one!

Did you actually get archaeology.ie to work at a weekend? If so, you have super-human powers!!!

archaeology.ie doesn't work on my G3 imac at home so i use the mac in work. I'd had this little itinerary mapped out for about 3 weeks but the flu messed up my plans.
I hit Laois in the afternoon, after the fog had been burned away. It was beautiful down there. The hills of Dunamaise look like they would bear further investigation.

I have to agree with you there Ryaner, the rock of Dunamaise is a beautiful and interesting spot and dont cant count the amount of times ive been on the Portlaoise bypass daydreaming about the hills of Dunamaise. The shape of the them is interesting alright.
Do you know that the Rock Dunamaise appeared on Ptolmeys map of the world from like the 200 ad so it must have been an important area.

Reply | with quote
bawn79
Posted by bawn79
18th February 2008ce
14:51

In reply to:

Re: Calling ryaner (ryaner)

Messages in this topic: