The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Greenlee Lough Forum Start a topic | Search
Greenlee Lough
Re: Bullauniness assessment required
21 messages
Select a forum:
Natural or artificial is a fine line and, in this case, it needs to be considered whether that groove beside the pit, in the picture, has been scratched out (predating that thing in Turbine Hall by four millennia). Perhaps the bullauns were simply intended as giant cupmarks? I didn't know there were natural bullauns but cupmarking rocks was just duplicating (and improving) a natural process. Is it called Symbolic Magic?

There a place at the Knar where it seems that naturally cupmarked stones - big beggars - have been collected and placed (a sceptic would say by glacial flow) and I'll try and get some decent photos of them this summer. I have Loch Aven centred on Flash Earth in Opera.

But presently I've found that Cpt. Arthur Rostron, of the Carpathia, was born in Notlob - on Temple Road - and Capt. Stanley Lord, of the Californian, was also born in the town, nine years later. Long coincidence or what? They probably both went to the same school but only 'til thirteen. (I lasted to sixteen). So I'm off looking for their school reports!

Reply | with quote
StoneGloves
Posted by StoneGloves
10th January 2008ce
07:57

Messages in this topic: