The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   The Rollright Stones Forum Start a topic | Search
The Rollright Stones
In praise of the Rollrights
58 messages
Select a forum:
Just for the record, every time I've been to the site it has been an entirely positive experience. It's well kept, the people there are always helpful and friendly, the new pathway to the Whispering Knights is an excellent innovation, the audio tour is a great facility and, despite the number of visitors, the ambience is excellent. I can't think of anything major that needs improving and I'd have thought it's a beacon of good practice compared with a lot of places. I say that merely as a "customer" - which is the best way to judge it I suppose.

The fact it is isolated and gets targetted by criminals is hardly the fault of those who look after it. I'm a big fan of the power of CCTV and if they can get that installed then great, it might just solve it. Alternatively, if there was a way of closing the layby at night that might help as well. A lot of the drunks and eedjits might be discouraged by a two hundred yard walk.

Reply | with quote
nigelswift
Posted by nigelswift
8th January 2008ce
09:15

In reply to:

Rollrights - another attack! (ocifant)

1 reply:

Re: In praise of the Rollrights (Littlestone)

Messages in this topic: