The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   The Rollright Stones Forum Start a topic | Search
The Rollright Stones
Re: Rollrights - another attack!
58 messages
Select a forum:
Howdo Andy lad!

Andy Norfolk wrote:
I hadn't realised that Paul Bennett still held such a grudge against the Rollright Trust.

Not sure what you mean there. I don't hold grudges - simple as. I do develop a great disrespect or dislike for something, as with the RT, but that's due to a variety of reasons (hypocrisy, lies, passing-the-buck, etc - the usual crap)

Andy Norfolk wrote:
If Paul does wish to be helpful he could of course supply evidence to the police about who may be involved in the vandalism at the site. It is odd that he hasn't done this.

I did mate. A long time back. Told certain RT members, who seemed oddly disinterested in getting their feet wet. The Chipping Norton coppers knew one bunch of 'em (they were there one evening when they arrived). But y' know when you tell someone something several times and nothing gets done about it, yeah...? Yeah...?

Andy Norfolk wrote:
It is curious that Paul has made nasty and completely untrue allegations about the trust and some of those working for it for some years.

Such as? I aint told anything to anyone about RT which isn't true (eg, the poisoning of the moles and wildlife at Rollright, sanctioned by RT, using funds paid to RT by pagans, green-groups, etc). In complete contrast to some RT members.

Andy Norfolk wrote:
However it is a matter of fact which could easily be demonstrated by the Trust's records that income from visitors has always been significantly higher when other people than Paul were responsible for the takings. Odd that!

Oh aye! What periods? Tom, Pete K and others from the early period raised money for RT ourselves in those days (talks, workshops, etc). So not sure what you'd be implying here. What do you mean exactly?

Reply | with quote
Paulus
Posted by Paulus
30th December 2007ce
18:43

In reply to:

Re: Rollrights - another attack! (Andy Norfolk)

1 reply:

Re: Rollrights - another attack! (Andy Norfolk)

Messages in this topic: