The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Silbury Hill Forum Start a topic | Search
Silbury Hill
Re: Absurdity of time capsules
22 messages
Select a forum:
true nuff Tom
but who's to know that, some dusty report in the county archive isn't all that inspiring.
I think that perhaps if these places were elevated in the public imagination then they might just be treated differently and given a little more love and respect. It's gotta be better than just preserving them as some kind of relic, forever frozen in time.
It should always be a case by case thing but I personally haven't got any big problems with including peoples responses to ancient sites along side the sites themselves.
I've seen a couple of really nice examples. The rock art at Ashove in Derbyshire has some lovely stuff made by the kids as a response to the carvings.
This lovely plaque has been mounted beside the wonderful High banks panel http://www.themodernantiquaria[...]t/37453/images/high_banks.html.
Saying that I was never to fond of that chrome egg thing at the Rollrights but that's just me.

Reply | with quote
fitzcoraldo
Posted by fitzcoraldo
15th August 2007ce
13:35

In reply to:

Re: Absurdity of time capsules (FourWinds)

Messages in this topic: