The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Botallack Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Botallack
Re: Botallek?
20 messages
Select a forum:
Smart. That was a separate text. So there is stuff out there about it.

My pics have:
William Borlase wrote:
Again, some of these circles include, and intersect one another, as in the curious cluster of circles at Botalleck, in the seeming confusion of which, I cannot but think that there was some mystical meaning, or at least, distinct allotment to particular uses. Some of these might be employed for the sacrifice, and to prepare, kill, examine, and burn the Victiom, others alloted to to Prayer, others to the Feasting of the Preists, others for the station of those who devoted the Victims: whilst on Druid was preparing the Victim in one place, anohter was adoring on another, and describing the limits of his Temple: a thord was going round at the extremity of another Circle of Stones: and, likely, amny Druids were to follow one another in these mysterious Rounds: others were buy in the Rights of Augury, that so all the Rites, each in its proper place, might proceed at one and the same time, and under inspection of the High Preists; who, by comparing and observing the indications of the whole, might judge of the Will of the Gods with the greater certainty.

He goes on a bit in the same vein for the rest of the page.

Rhiannon wrote:
(ah the bind of the enthusiastic antiquarian, I'm sure we've all been there?)

Hah! I've lost track of the number of cup marks I have seen in concrete ;)

Reply | with quote
Hob
Posted by Hob
5th August 2007ce
21:16

In reply to:

Re: Botallek? (Rhiannon)

1 reply:

Re: Botallek? (Hob)

Messages in this topic: