The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: Ancient sites: Protect or Use?
225 messages
Select a forum:
Mustard wrote:

Have we reached the part that Paulus was talking about where you accuse me of being a troll?

I had to laugh when I read that because at that moment you were behaving in a very troll-like way. You keep making it seem like it's "My way or the highway" all the time when it really isn't. It's about being realistic, it's about discouraging piles of crap everywhere, be it at SAMs or in roadside lay-byes [lay-bys? lay byes?...], and realising that people follow happily what is already common practice. A Big Mac wrapper becomes an ashtrayfull of butts, becomes a KFC bargain bucket and wine bottle, becomes a fridge, becomes garden waste, becomes whole piles of shit strewn along the road. Now we could establish that small items are okay, but would that stop them dumping fridges? No. Making it illegal 100% will discourage certain, but not all, people from dumping their household crap on the side of the road.

Human nature being what it is, the only way to discourage the big is to ban the small, however unpalatable that might be.

Reply | with quote
slumpystones
Posted by slumpystones
27th June 2007ce
15:34

Messages in this topic: