The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: Ancient sites: Protect or Use?
225 messages
Select a forum:
"I think there's a case to be made for your point of view, but I think there's equally a case to be made for those who wish to leave non-destructive offerings."

Well no, I think they have no case whatsoever actually, and although there's a case for everyone else to tolerate them doing it a bit it ought to be on the understanding that its a concession by the rest not a natural right to be claimed.

As I see it, we each own a bit of a site for as long as we're there. Like Time Share. But the moment we walk away our ownership ceases. The idea that anyone can walk away yet leave something imposed upon a site proclaiming to others they still "own" it is completely unfair. Like when my brother used to lick all over all the chocolates before he went out to play, the swine.

Reply | with quote
nigelswift
Posted by nigelswift
27th June 2007ce
05:26

Messages in this topic: