The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Robin Hood's Stone (Kirklees) Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Robin Hood's Stone (Kirklees)
Re: Calling Rhiannon...
5 messages
Select a forum:
Hi Rhiannon

Rhiannon wrote:
smashing, thank you Paulus.
Not that I know anything about this alleged gravestone, have you seen it in the flesh?.

this photo of inside the railings does seem to show a little stone
http://mysite.wanadoo-members.[...]_hopton/mirfield/rh_grave2.jpg

The stone in the link you've given is literally Robin Hood's Grave: a strange spot for more reasons than one. His inscription is blatantly not from the period given, plus the stone inside the 'tomb' aint prehistoric, but actually appears to be a Templar grave! However, Robin Hood's Stone itself is still some distance away. There are several curious unresolved aspects to the site which, until I've got 'em sorted and made sense of it all, I'm not sticking the info on-line. It appears to have been an old standing stone, but has certainly been moved from its original spot, perhaps more than once. Once we've made sense of all the data (hopefully not far in the future!), I'll pop the info on here.

Cheers - Paul

Reply | with quote
Paulus
Posted by Paulus
22nd June 2007ce
10:34

In reply to:

Re: Calling Rhiannon... (Rhiannon)

1 reply:

Re: Calling Rhiannon... (Rhiannon)

Messages in this topic: